May 2, 2012

$H!T People Say

So I know I'm technically still new to this process but the stupidity has already started! I foolishly hoped (but also was preparing for) the oh, so wonderful comments from ignorant bystanders. I know most don't mean well but here are some recent doozies:



  • Oh, don't give up!  <--This one is referring to stopping IF treatments
  • Will you still try for a real child?  <--You mean adopted children aren't real???
  • I think you should adopt a special needs child, they need families to adopt them. <--How many special needs children have you adopted, again? 
  • Well, I'll love them anyways! <--WTF is that supposed to mean?

I'm sure there will be more to come, but people let's please use our brains and think before we speak. Mmmmkay? 

5 comments:

  1. ::shaking my head::

    I can't believe the things some people say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe people really say crap like that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been following your blog for a while..I am currently going through infertility stuff too..It's on my blog. These comments are unbelievable...so sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Slick, I sent you an email...couldn't remember if it was an underscore between first and last name or a period, so I just went with the underscore. Let me know if you don't get the email, k? :)

    ReplyDelete