May 21, 2012

Home visit is done!

We had our home visit last night and it went great! I'm not going to go into too much detail since nothing is finalized yet, but we both feel pretty good about things. 


She came over around 6 last night, did a joint interview, we ate dinner, then she interviewed us separately, did a home tour and then left around 9. 


She expects to have the rough draft to us within 2 weeks - which is pretty fast in the world of international adoption. 






In other news, I ONLY HAVE SEVEN MORE DAYS OF SCHOOL LEFT! I am so excited for my summer sanity break! I can't tell who is more excited; the kids or teachers. Today, I'm voting the teachers.

9 comments:

  1. that is great news! do you teach in the dallas area? I am trying to find a FT teaching job for Fall...I am certified in 4-8 science..
    Good luck with the rest of the process! Exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Brandi, I'll keep my eyes open and if I hear about any positions, I'll pass the info along to you!

      Delete
  2. Gah, I want more details! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just don't want too many details out there for everyone to see, if you have any questions just let me know :)

      Delete
  3. Woah! Y'all already had a home visit? That makes it so real. I'm glad y'all are moving full steam ahead! I am sending you good vibes that it continues to go smoothly.*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! It does make it feel real somehow to get this part of things done!

      Delete
  4. So glad things are moving fast for you. I hope with all my heart this works out for you and your husband. Can't wait to hear the details when it all becomes a little more "real." Thinking of you...

    ReplyDelete