Aug 3, 2010

Day 1 - 30 Day Blog Journal

Favorite song:

This one is easy. I love music but I am very relaxed in my taste. I like many types and my current preferences change with my mood (which can change several times daily).

 My current obsessions are Halo by Beyonce and  I'll Stand by You by the Pretenders

However the one constant is the song that Ryan picked for our first dance at our wedding. It's kind of an under the radar song and never really made it big on the radio but it holds a special place in my heart. It's Unbelievable by Josh Gracin.

If I had to pick a second favorite it would be Highway 20 Ride by Zac Brown Band. It reminds me so much of those (highway 290) rides between my parent's houses. It makes me think about how much I love my parents and how much they did for me when I was little. It's truly amazing that my dad drove 3 hours every other weekend just to pick me and my sister. He came in just for the afternoon for three Wednesday's in a row my senior year of high school so he could learn the Father/daughter dance for my spring show. And he even made the 3 hour drive in an hour and 45 minutes once when my sister and I were in a car wreck. This song reminds me of how much my dad loves me and how much I love him.


Oh, and if you're not watching Shark Week on the Discovery Channel, then you're seriously missing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment