Many people are nervous prior to their first RE appointment and want to go in, armored with questions. A good RE will leave you with few questions but here are a few in case they don't offer the information. Of course there might be more information that you want/need but this will tell you mostly what you need to know. Enjoy :)
1. What does your typical monitoring consist of with the treatment plan you have for me?
2. What are your operating hours? Weekend hours? Holiday hours?
3. Will I be seeing you or a nurse usually?
4. How long does it take to get lab results back?
5. Do you repeat tests after a certain amount of time? (some clinic's have patients do repeats of CD3, 7DPO, and SA's every six months or year)
6. Do you have a website with information for patients?
7. What is the best protocol for contacting you/your office after hours? Is there a charge for this if it's not an emergency?
8. Do you have your own surgery center or will surgeries/procedures be done elsewhere?
9. Will I ever meet with the other doctor's in the practice (if there are other's)? If no other doctors in the practice - How do you handle your own personal absences since many IF related appointments are time sensitive?
10. Do you have an email address where I can directly contact you if needed?
11. What are payment options? Is all payment due at time of service or can we do payment plans? Is there a discount for paying in advance?
12. Do you have a list of preferred pharmacies for IF medications?
13. Should I still go see my obgyn for my regular appointments (pap smear, yearly appt, etc) or will you do all these exams?
14. What is your waiting room policy? Can I bring more than one person with me to appointments? For those with children - Do you allow children in your office/waiting room?
15. Can I have a copy of your most recent statistics studies? (typically only for IVF patients)
16. What is your opinion on drinking during treatments? Should I alter my diet? What about caffeine?
17. What is your opinion on chiropractic care? Acupuncture? Herbal remedies?
18. Are OTC prenatals good enough or do you require a rx prenatal while doing treatments?
19. Do you have any letters (or emails) of recommendation?
20. Do you ever have trials/studies done that someone with my diagnosis could participate in? Will I get any compensation for these studies?
For more information on IF testing/treatments/costs, see this.